Did you know : Singles' Day, which originated on university campuses in Nanjing, China in the 1990s, became an annual shopping bonanza after Alibaba, China’s biggest e-commerce retailer, made it into an event a decade ago.
Are you takinga piece of this pie ??? 1) Singles' Day takes place on November 11, because the number one and the date, 11/11, looks like a single person.
2)Alibaba's sales by merchants on its platforms totalled US$38.38 billion by midnight local time.
3. The number of delivery orders exceeded 1.042 billion in 18 hours and 31 minutes
4. Sales exceeded US$1 billion just 1 minute and 7 seconds after midnight on November 11, and surpassed US$10 billion after 29 minutes and 45 seconds.
5. In the U.S. in 2018, Black Friday brought in US$6.2 billion last year, and US$7.9 billion on Cyber Monday, according to Adobe Analytics.
6. Alibaba rival, JD.com, reported sales of $25.6 billion by mid-afternoon
7. More than 200,000 brands from over 200 countries and regions were expected to participate in this year's event; only 27 brands participated in 2009.
8. A once-informal day, a countdown gala leading up to Singles' Day that included a performance from Taylor Swift was broadcast on nearly 30 online streaming platforms and TV channels.
9. Online shopping makes up 19.5% of Chinese consumer spending, compared with about 11% for American consumers
10. China’s State Post Bureau is expected to handle 2.8 billion packages from Nov 11 to 18, according to state-run press agency Xinhua.
#china #singlesday #ecommerce #ecommzone #ecommzone #ecomm #money #ENTREPRENEUR enterprise #alibaba #onlinesales #businessinfluencer #businessmanager